Create the perfect Valentine’s Movie Night for your love with GOOD
BY: Sharon Fitness for GOOD.
Creating the perfect Valentine’s Day movie night involves thoughtful planning to set the mood for romance and relaxation. Here’s a step-by-step plan for a cozy and memorable evening. No excuses, you’ve got a whole week to get organised:
Choose a Romantic Setting:
- Decorate: Create a warm and inviting atmosphere with soft lighting, candles, and perhaps some fairy lights. Consider using red or pink accents to enhance the Valentine’s Day theme.
- Comfortable Seating: Arrange cozy blankets and cushions on the sofa or floor for maximum comfort. Add a touch of luxury with soft throws.
Select the Right Movies:
- Create a Playlist: Curate a selection of romantic movies that both you and your partner will enjoy. Consider including a mix of stories you’ll both like: a romantic comedy, something a little more dramatic or historical, and perhaps a new release. Browse the GOOD selection HERE.
- Personalised Touch: If possible, include a movie that holds special meaning for your relationship, such as your favourite GOOD movie you’ve watched together before.
- Sweet and Savoury Treats: Popcorn is a must, but consider adding a mix of sweet and savoury snacks. Think chocolate-covered strawberries, a cheese and charcuterie board, or heart-shaped cookies.
- Beverages: Create a signature drink for the evening, such as a romantic cocktail or a sparkling non-alcoholic beverage.
Set the Mood with Music:
- Playlist: Prepare a playlist of romantic songs to play before and between movies. Choose tunes that hold sentimental value or enhance the mood you’re going for.
- Background Music: Keep the ambiance alive with soft, romantic background music during breaks or when you’re not actively watching a movie.
- Games or Trivia: Break up the movie-watching with fun games or romantic trivia related to your relationship. It adds a personal touch and keeps the night engaging.
- Sweet Surprises: Sneak in surprise messages or small gifts during intermissions to make the evening extra special.
- Cozy Attire: Encourage both you and your partner to dress in comfortable yet cute or matching loungewear. This enhances the cozy and intimate atmosphere.
Include a Personal Touch:
- Love Notes: Write short love notes or letters to each other to exchange during the movie night. These notes can express your feelings or recount special memories.
Capture the Moment:
- Photo Booth: Set up a makeshift photo booth with props and capture fun and candid moments during the movie night. Props might capture the theme of your favourite movie. For example, if one of your movie choices is You Had Me at Aloha, maybe choose some Hawaiian themed accessories.
- Create a Memory Post: As a post-valentines night activity, create a social media post where you capture your favourite photos, moments and memories from the evening.
End with a Special Gesture:
- Nightcap: Wind down the evening with a nightcap, whether it’s a warm cup of milo or a glass of wine.
- Slow Dance: Conclude the movie night with a slow dance to a meaningful song. It’s a romantic and intimate way to cap off the perfect Valentine’s Day.
Remember, the key is to tailor the evening to your partner’s preferences and the unique aspects of your relationship. With thoughtful planning, your Valentine’s Day movie night is sure to be a heartwarming and memorable experience.
About the Author: Sharon Fitness is a staff writer for GOOD. She’s a movie buff, TV fan, foodie and dog lover.