D2 Satellite Decommission
At GOOD, we know it’s not always easy to understand the tech talk behind the various ways you can watch GOOD. This page will help you determine what you need to do if you’ve been affected by the end of the Optus D2 Satellite Stream.
Why has this happened?
Optus provided the D2 Satellite stream which has enabled viewers to access GOOD via a satellite service. Optus has confirmed that as of March 31, 2023, this satellite stream was to be decommissioned. This means that GOOD, along with a range of other broadcasters, is now no longer available to watch via this satellite service.
For the majority of our viewers, this change will no impact on your ability to watch GOOD, and you will be able to continue to watch GOOD in the same way you are now.
These viewers WILL be impacted by this change and will need to access GOOD via one of the alternate unaffected options below:
- You’re watching via an Instal-Life Satellite connection:
- You have had a satellite dish and set-top box installed by an electrician or TV installer.
- You have purchased a satellite dish and set-top box from an electronics retailer and installed these yourself.
These viewers WILL NOT be impacted by this change:
- You’re watching via a Foxtel Subscription
- You have a “Foxtel” branded remote & a box connected to your TV
- You receive the Foxtel Magazine/Program Guide in your mail
- You receive regular billing from Foxtel
- You’re watching via FetchTV
- You have a “Fetch” branded remote & box connected to your TV
- You may have arranged Fetch as part of your internet bundle or bought the Fetch box from an electronics store
- You’re watching online using watchgood.com or feelgood.watchgood.com in your internet browser.
- You’re watching via the GOOD App on a Smart TV, Apple TV, Smartphone or Tablet
If you are still not sure what to do to stay connected to good, send us an email to [email protected] or give us a call on 07 5478 1399.